Up Coming Events in 2016
- (05) Birmingham - 18 Apr 2018
- (06) Liverpool - 20 Apr 2018
- (07) Warrington - 1 May 2018
- (08) Manchester - 14 May 2018
- (09) Leeds - 17 May 2018
- (10) Birmingham - 30 May 2018
- (11) Liverpool - 1 June 2018
- (12) Warrington - 5 Jun 2018
Course Cost: £285.00 + VAT
Time Management Course
The Secrets of Effective Time Management – 1 Day
This one-day Secrets of Effective Time Management course is designed to give you the practical skills to tackle common problems that are associated with poor management of time. Rather than giving you excuses for repeatedly missing deadlines, procrastinating and not actioning important tasks, feeling overloaded and disorganised, the workshop provides a range of time management tools, techniques and ways of thinking that will enable you to actually take control of your time by planning and prioritising tasks effectively. This will serve to enhance your overall effectiveness and allow you to achieve more in shorter periods and will give you back a sense of control.
The Secrets of Effective Time Management
- Feel like work and life are managing you rather than the other way around?
- Procrastinate and put off jobs that really need to be actioned?
- Often run late and over schedule yourself?
- Feel the need to make excuses for being late, missing deadlines or not being in control of a situation or your workload?
This course will give you an understanding of how important and precious time is to you and others around you and will give you the skills to reduce interruptions and minimise time “wasters” and time “stealers”. By the end of the course you will have been taught the skills to improve your own time management through better planning; prioritising; delegating; controlling your environment; understanding yourself and identifying what you will change about your habits, routines and attitude.
Suitability – Who should attend?
This course is suitable for anyone looking to possess effective management skills and to make effective use of their time in personal and professional situations. This could include senior managers, operations managers, project managers, line managers, supervisors, team leaders, administrators and anyone who has to manage a challenging workload, prioritise tasks and work to strict deadlines.
Prior to the course we ask delegates to identify the key areas of their work which are most important and require the most attention.
During the course, the training consultant will work with all delegates to create a practical and personal action plan that can be implemented back in and outside of the workplace.
The Secrets of Effective Time Management is designed to cover the following areas:
– Defining Time
- What do we mean by “time management”?
- Recognising what good and poor time management is
- Understanding the causes and symptoms of poor time management
- Identifying “Time Stealers”
– Managing Time – A Process for Success
- Understanding the purpose of your job “Why are you here?”
- Understanding your Objectives
- Identifying your responsibilities and priorities
- Planning your tasks versus time available
- Urgent versus Important
- Meeting deadlines
- Eliminating “Time Wasters”
– Practical Tools & Techniques (including Microsoft Outlook) to get the most out of your job and your life
- Tools and techniques on how to prioritise your workload
- Using modern planning tools to optimum effect to develop proactive planning
- The importance of “Objectives” in Managing Time
- Utilising Microsoft Outlook to Manage Time, including Calendar Syncing
- Controlling your emails
- Effective In-Tray Management
- Utilising Scheduling tools – “To Do” Lists and Daily Time Logs
- Ensuring a work/life balance
- Reducing Stress in your life
- The “Psychology” of Time Management
- General Principles of Time Management
– Managing Other People’s Impact on your Time
- Asserting yourself with others
- Delegation Skills
- Managing Interruptions
– Making it Work
- Q & A session on other time management issues
- Creating a practical and personal action plan to implement back in the workplace
On completion of the course, delegates will receive a delegate pack which includes:
- Course workbooks
- Contact phone number & email address where attendees can receive follow up consultation with the trainer when back in the workplace
- Certificate of Attendance
The course trainer will work with all delegates to create a practical and personal action plan that can be implemented back in the workplace.
Tom Courtney is a highly skilled and experienced Training & Development Specialist who has operated across all Industry Sectors over the last 27 years, delivering a comprehensive range of Training & Development interventions to a whole variety of Clients throughout the UK and internationally. He has extensive skills, knowledge and experience related to improving “individual”, “team” and “organisational” performance and takes pride in establishing and sustaining effective and enduring client relationships.
Tom achieves measurable results related to improved client and employee satisfaction by sharing his extensive business training acumen in line with the specific requirements identified by his client group. Some of his key achievements to date include:-
The Design, Development , Delivery & Evaluation of:
- UK Oil Industries inaugural DTi Business to Business Mentoring Initiative through the Department of Trade and Industry
- unique Price Waterhouse Management Programme in Azerbaijan
- worldwide Project Management Programme for International Oil & Gas Offshore Vessel Logistics Organisation
- worldwide Quality Management Programme for Major Oil Contractor
- Level 5 Senior Management Development Programme for UK National Fire Service
- “Training & Learning Skills” Programme for Fire and Rescue Service
- North Scotland’s inaugural Head Teacher Management Development Programme
Tom was also responsible for obtaining the first Belbin Agency Licence in Scotland and achieving the first SQA in Education Business Partnership Activities. Tom has owned his own Consultancy Business for the last 9 years and has held Directorships and Non Executive Roles in a range of private and public sector organisations over the years. A trained Behavioural Analyst, his career has taken him throughout Europe, Asia, the USA, the Middle and Far East and he has appeared a number of times on TV as a guest presenter on Training and Development matters.
Tom Courtney: “The following statements outline some of the concerns delegates have expressed on my Time Management courses over the years”:
- “There’s not enough hours in the day”
- “Where has the day gone?”
- “ I work long hours but I don’t seem to achieve anything”
- “ Too much to do….Not enough time”
- “ Time seems to be passing me by”
- “ I achieved nothing at work today”
“I thrive on the opportunity of working with my delegates to help them overcome their Time Management problems. Drawing on 27+ years of personal and professional global experience in working with a range of audiences, I help delegates to use practical, theoretical and psychological techniques, to enable them to radically improve their management of time, to organise themselves more effectively and to manage their work life balance.”
As well as being offered as a Public/Open Course, this course can also be delivered as an in-house programme, which can save your company both time and a significant amount of money. It can be delivered exactly as shown in the course outline, or customised to include company- or industry-specific case studies and terminology.
Alternatively, Courtney Associates can develop an entirely bespoke programme to meet your organisational needs, delivered anywhere in the UK at no additional cost. We provide a free consultation service for all of our in-house programmes.
Please contact us if you interested in this option and would like to receive a free, no obligation quote.
Credit Card / Paypal / Invoice and Voucher option available.
1-2 Delegates = £285.00 per delegate + VAT
3-4 Delegates = £230.00 per delegate + VAT
5+ Delegates = Please contact us for our “in-company” rates as this is the most cost-effective option.
Included As Standard
Course fees include lunch and refreshments throughout the day and a delegate pack which will include:
- Course workbooks
- A Certificate of Attendance
- Contact phone number and email address which will enable you to receive follow-up consultation with the trainer when back in the workplace
Our courses represent true value for money and to ensure that we provide “added value”, the course trainer will work with you to create a practical and personal action plan that can be implemented back in the workplace.
The Secrets of Effective Time Management course is available in Leeds, Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham and London.
If you would like more information on this course or to book this course please call
0800 158 8314 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact us via our website, please click here