Up Coming Events
- (01) Warrington - 4 May 2018
- (2) Leeds - 8 May 2018
- (3) Birmingham 14 May 2018
- (4) Manchester - 16 May 2018
- (5) Warrington - 28 Jun 2018
- (6) Leeds - 26 Jun 2018
- (7) Birmingham - 4 Jul 2018
- (8) Manchester - 6 July 2018
Course Cost: £285.00 + VAT
A Masterclass in Finance For Non Financial Managers
Finance is an inescapable part of business, which is why it is so important for businesses of all shapes and sizes to understand how it works. We offer both a 1 day and 2 day version (for those who want a more in-depth understanding of the subject) of our Masterclass in Finance for Non Financial Managers course which is designed to break down technical financial jargon for managers who need to understand the financial impact of their day-to-day business decisions. These interactive workshops aim to allow delegates to understand the importance of finance in business and will teach delegates about the key concepts of how to interpret financial statements and understand how they impact on their business.
A Masterclass in Finance for Non-Financial Managers
1 Day Course – Cost: £285.00 + VAT
All businesses will benefit from this 1 day Finance course which takes out the “fear” of finance and breaks down the technical ‘jargon’ of finance. Providing delegates with an understanding of why finance is so important. This workshop is practical and interactive and gives delegates a chance to build a budget related to their work based environment and develop spreadsheets that will help them manage their business financial information with the opportunity to work on a cash flow forecast, either scenario based or on a live project they are managing the finances on. No prior knowledge of finance is required.
Suitability – Who should attend?
This interactive Finance For Non Financial Managers course is targeted at any member of staff who wants to learn about the main financial elements of a business and develop an understanding of the impact of financial decisions.
Finance Course: Learning Objectives
- Why is Finance so important?
- Covering the Pricing of Products and Services, the Cost of Sale.
- Nett and Gross Profit.
- Breakeven Analysis
- Sales Forecast
- Cash Flow Forecast
- The Balance Sheet
- Profit & Loss accounts
- How to build and manage a budget
- Understand and assess the effects of business activity on company accounts and the balance sheet
Introduction and Course Overview
Your Role in Your Company Finances
What is Finance?
Getting to Know the Players
Record Keeping Terminology
• Accounting • GAAP • Bookkeeping ; Impact of journal adjustments, including Accruals and Prepayments
Keeping a fixed Asset Register
Managing the FAR • Processing Depreciation
Managing and Reporting on Project Costs
• Job Costing
The Balance Sheet
• Balance Sheet Overview • Balance Sheet Terms • Assets and Liabilities • Fixed vs Current Assets • Liabilities and Equity
Profit and Loss (Income) Statement
• Service and Sales Income • Methods of Recording Transactions
Cash Flow Statement
• Format of a Cash Flow Statement • Credit Terms and Discounts
Analysing Financial Statements
• Ratio Analysis
• Margin Analysis
• Variance Reporting
• Defining a Budget • Preparing a Budget • Types of Budget
Using Excel for Analysis
The Human Aspect
2 Day Course – Cost: £690.00 + VAT
Our 2 day course includes all of the above but in more detail, plus the following additional topics:
- Introduction and Course Overview
- Your Role in Your Company Finances
- What is Finance?
- Getting to Know the Players
- Record Keeping TerminologyAccounting • GAAP • Bookkeeping ; Impact of journal adjustments, including Accruals and Prepayments
– Keeping a fixed Asset Register
– Managing the FAR • Processing Depreciation
– Managing and Reporting on Project Costs
– The Balance Sheet
Balance Sheet Overview • Balance Sheet Terms • Assets and Liabilities • Fixed vs Current Assets • Liabilities and Equity
– Profit and Loss (Income) Statement
Service and Sales Income • Methods of Recording Transactions
– Cash Flow Statement
Format of a Cash Flow Statement • Credit Terms and Discounts
– Analysing Financial Statements
– Budget Basics
Defining a Budget • Preparing a Budget • Types of Budget
Using Excel for Analysis
The Human Aspect
Please contact us for dates and further details on our 2 day programme.
As well as being offered as a Public/Open Course, this course can also be delivered as an in-house programme, which can save your company both time and a significant amount of money. It can be delivered exactly as shown in the course outline, or customised to include company- or industry-specific case studies and terminology.
Alternatively, Courtney Associates can develop an entirely bespoke programme to meet your organisational needs, delivered anywhere in the UK at no additional cost. We provide a free consultation service for all of our in-house programmes.
Please contact us if you interested in this option and would like to receive a free, no obligation quote.
Credit Card / Paypal / Invoice and Voucher option available.
1-2 Delegates = £285.00 per delegate + VAT
3-4 Delegates = £230.00 per delegate + VAT
5+ Delegates = Please contact us for our “in-company” rates as this is the most cost-effective option.
Included As Standard
Course fees include lunch and refreshments throughout the day and a delegate pack which will include:
- Course workbooks
- Copies of presentation slides
- A Certificate of Attendance
- Contact phone number and email address which will enable you to receive follow-up consultation with the trainer when back in the workplace
Our courses represent true value for money and to ensure that we provide “added value”, the course trainer will work with you to create a practical and personal action plan that can be implemented back in the workplace.
A Masterclass in Finance for Non-Financial Managers course is available in Leeds, Manchester, Liverpool, London and Birmingham.
If you would like more information on this course or to book this course please call 08001588314 or email email@example.com.
You can also contact us via our website, please click here