Up Coming Events
- (02) Liverpool - 19&20 Jul 2018
- (03) London - 26&27 Jul 2018
- (04) Manchester - 30&31 Jul 2018
- (05) Leeds - 30&31 Jul 2018
- (06) Warrington - 1&2 Aug 2018
- (07) Birmingham - 16&17 Aug 2018
- (08) Manchester - 20&21 Sept 2018
- (09) Leeds - 27&28 Sept 2018
Course Cost: £750.00 + VAT
Influencing, Persuading and Negotiating Skills
Most people are involved with negotiations at some point in their lives, whether this is in a personal context or in a workplace situation.
There are many ways to describe negotiation – influencing others to achieve your goal or objective, reaching an agreement, bargaining, persuading, gaining an advantage, getting what you want from a given situation. The whole purpose of Negotiation is to find a solution that benefits all parties. This Influencing, Persuading and Negotiating Skills course will teach you a range of concepts, methods and approaches to persuading and negotiating with other people in different circumstances and will equip you with the necessary toolkit of skills to have the ability and confidence to influence a situation to your own benefit and advantage.
Influencing, Persuading and Negotiating Skills
This 2 day Influencing, Persuading and Negotiating Skills course will teach you a range of methods and approaches to persuading and negotiating with other people in different circumstances. You will have the ability to influence a situation to your own benefit.
Suitability – Who should attend?
This course is targeted at anyone wanting to improve the influence they have over different people & situations in their professional and personal lives.
Programme – Day 1
– Introduction and overview of Influencing, Persuading & Negotiating
- Defining Influencing, Persuasion & Negotiation
- Identifying times when we influence, persuade and negotiate in and outside work, both formally & informally
- Identifying the key technical & interpersonal skills of influencing, persuading and negotiating
-The Principles and technicalities of Influencing, Persuading & Negotiating
- A step by step guide to Influencing
- Challenging others’ views
- Handling objections to your argument
- Identifying common ground
- A step by step guide to Persuading
- Developing a line of reasoned argument
- Using positive language
- Planning your argument
- Asserting yourself
- A step by step guide to Negotiating
- Defining what you want from the negotiation
- Planning to Negotiate
- The importance of “variables” in any negotiation
- The importance of “power” in any negotiation
- Structuring a negotiation meeting
- Negotiation styles and techniques
- Moving to a “Win Win” solution – myth or reality
- Tactics, tools and techniques of negotiation
– Skills Exercise
Opportunity to put all of the day’s learning into practice through a Negotiation, Influencing and Persuasion simulated exercise.
Programme – Day 2
– The Interpersonal Skills of Influencing, Persuading & Negotiating
- Maximising your communication skills when Influencing, Persuading & Negotiating
- The power of words, tone of voice and non-verbals when Influencing, Persuading & Negotiating
- Using Assertive Behaviour to ask for what you want
- Making a compelling case for something you want
- Managing resistance and conflict
- The importance of questioning and listening in Influencing, Persuading & Negotiating
- The importance of “Rapport”, “Connecting” “Self Presentation” and “charisma” in Influencing, Persuading & Negotiating
– Understanding Others in the Context of Influencing, Persuading & Negotiating
- Using a recognised behavioural tool , this session gives delegates the opportunity to understand the behaviours of other people in a range of circumstances and how their behaviours will help or hinder your ability to negotiate, influence or persuade them to your point of view
– Identifying your natural negotiating style
- Recognising your preference and others
- Impact of different styles
- When to apply different styles
– Skills Exercise
Opportunity to put all of the programme’s learning into practice through a final Negotiation, Influencing and Persuasion Simulated exercise.
On completion of the course, delegates will receive a delegate pack which includes:
- Course workbooks,
- Contact phone number & email address where attendees can receive follow up consultation with the trainer when back in the workplace
- Certificate of Attendance
The course trainer will work with all delegates to create a practical and personal action plan that can be implemented back in the workplace.
Tom Courtney is a highly skilled and experienced Training & Development Specialist who has operated across all Industry Sectors over the last 27 years, delivering a comprehensive range of Training & Development interventions to a whole variety of Clients throughout the UK and internationally. He has extensive skills, knowledge and experience related to improving “individual”, “team” and “organisational” performance and takes pride in establishing and sustaining effective and enduring client relationships.
Tom achieves measurable results related to improved client and employee satisfaction by sharing his extensive business training acumen in line with the specific requirements identified by his client group. Some of his key achievements to date include:-
The Design, Development , Delivery & Evaluation of:
- UK Oil Industries inaugural DTi Business to Business Mentoring Initiative through the Department of Trade and Industry
- unique Price Waterhouse Management Programme in Azerbaijan
- worldwide Project Management Programme for International Oil & Gas Offshore Vessel Logistics Organisation
- worldwide Quality Management Programme for Major Oil Contractor
- Level 5 Senior Management Development Programme for UK National Fire Service
- “Training & Learning Skills” Programme for Fire and Rescue Service
- North Scotland’s inaugural Head Teacher Management Development Programme
Tom was also responsible for obtaining the first Belbin Agency Licence in Scotland and achieving the first SQA in Education Business Partnership Activities. Tom has owned his own Consultancy Business for the last 9 years and has held Directorships and Non Executive Roles in a range of private and public sector organisations over the years. A trained Behavioural Analyst, his career has taken him throughout Europe, Asia, the USA, the Middle and Far East and he has appeared a number of times on TV as a guest presenter on Training and Development matters.
Tom Courtney: “The following statements outline some of the concerns delegates have expressed on my Influencing, Persuading and Negotiation Skills courses over the years”:
- “ I never seem to get the best deal”
- “I always sell myself short when it come to getting a good deal”
- “I struggle a bit to carry any level of influence over my team”
“I thrive on the opportunity of working with my delegates to help them to practically understand how to influence and persuade others in a range of different circumstances and through negotiation to achieve the best “deal” in both their personal and professional lives.
As well as being offered as a Public/Open Course, this course can also be delivered as an in-house programme, which can save your company both time and a significant amount of money. It can be delivered exactly as shown in the course outline, or customised to include company- or industry-specific case studies and terminology.
Alternatively, Courtney Associates can develop an entirely bespoke programme to meet your organisational needs, delivered anywhere in the UK at no additional cost. We provide a free consultation service for all of our in-house programmes.
Please contact us if you interested in this option and would like to receive a free, no obligation quote.
Credit Card / Paypal / Invoice and Voucher option available.
1-2 Delegates = £750 per delegate per course + VAT
3-4 Delegates = £690 per delegate per course + VAT
5+ Delegates = Please contact us for our “in-company” rates as this is the most cost-effective option.
Included As Standard
Course fees include lunch and refreshments throughout the day and a delegate pack which will include:
- Course workbooks
- A Certificate of Attendance
- Contact phone number and email address which will enable you to receive follow-up consultation with the trainer when back in the workplace
Our courses represent true value for money and to ensure that we provide “added value”, the course trainer will work with you to create a practical and personal action plan that can be implemented back in the workplace.
The Influencing, Persuading And Negotiation Skills course is available in Leeds, Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham and London.
If you would like more information on this course or to book this course please call
0800 158 8314 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also contact us via our website, please click here