Up Coming Events
- (01) Manchester - 2 & 3 Aug 2017
- (02) Liverpool - 14 & 15 Aug 2017
- (03) Birmingham - 21 & 22 Aug 2017
- (04) Leeds - 25 & 26 Sept 2017
- (05) Birmingham - 5 & 6 Oct 2017
- (06) Manchester - 9 & 10 Oct 2017
- (07) Liverpool - 16 & 17 Oct 2017
Course Cost: £750.00 + VAT
Essential Leadership Skills For Managers
This 2 day Essential Leadership Skills For Managers course will give managers, supervisors and team leaders the leadership skills and training they probably never received when first promoted. We have found that the majority of people within this role have been asked to “learn as they go” and have never received the essential leadership training. So we have carefully put together this 2 day Leadership training course to give you the confidence, skills and tools required to proceed in this very challenging area. We use a combination of theory and practice to facilitate your learning and to help increase your confidence, leadership and supervisory skills in a safe, controlled and non threatening environment.
Essential Leadership Skills For Managers
This 2 day Leadership training course will benefit anyone in a managerial or supervisory position. It will provide you with the relevant skills and tools you need to be a professional and effective leader as well as increase your confidence and knowledge.
By using a blend of theory and practice, this 2 day course is designed to increase your confidence in the field of leadership and supervision, and to provide you with the essential knowledge and toolkit of skills to work with confidence in this challenging, but very rewarding area.
By the end of this leadership training course you will understand:
- The roles and responsibilities of an effective Supervisor and Team Leader
- how to lead your team to success by being given an insight into recognised Leadership styles
- how to apply a variety of Communication Styles when dealing with a range of differing personalities
- how to Motivate teams and individuals and how to drive their performance to deliver outstanding results
- how to develop the people within your team by delivering Feedback effectively and by setting them SMART Objectives
- recognised tools and techniques used to understand Behaviours and handle any Conflict that may emerge amongst members of your team
- how to drive the productivity of your team by applying effective Delegation and Time Management techniques
Suitability – Who should attend? – Supervisor Training Course
This Essential Leadership Skills For Managers Course is suitable for anyone who manages, leads or supervises in any environment, or those who have recently taken up a managerial position but have not received any previous training. If you are looking to develop your skills, confidence, knowledge and understanding of how to inspire your team to deliver outstanding results and to be recognised as being an effective leader and role model to others, then this course will fully meet your objectives and expectations.
Course Content – Supervisor Training Course
- Defining the role of the Manager, Supervisor and Team Leader
- Understanding the skills, attributes and qualities of an effective Leader
- Establishing your credibility and authority as a Supervisor/Team Leader
- Acquiring a range of Leadership Styles to suit different situations
- Motivating your people towards success
- Handling difficult people and difficult situations – Conflict Management
- Managing workloads through effective Delegation
- Organising yourself and others through effective Time Management
- Communicating effectively with a range of personalities
- Acquiring the essential skill of delivering Feedback effectively
- Managing difficult personalities and Behaviours within your team
- Coaching individuals and conducting one to one Meetings
- Managing the performance of your people and setting SMART objectives
- Getting the most from your Team Meetings
On completion of the course, delegates will receive a delegate pack which includes:
- Course workbooks,
- Contact phone number & email address where attendees can receive follow up consultation with the trainer when back in the workplace
- Certificate of Attendance
The course trainer will work with all delegates to create a practical and personal action plan that can be implemented back in the workplace.
Tom Courtney is a highly skilled and experienced Training & Development Specialist who has operated across all Industry Sectors over the last 27 years, delivering a comprehensive range of Training & Development interventions to a whole variety of Clients throughout the UK and internationally. He has extensive skills, knowledge and experience related to improving “individual”, “team” and “organisational” performance and takes pride in establishing and sustaining effective and enduring client relationships.
Tom achieves measurable results related to improved client and employee satisfaction by sharing his extensive business training acumen in line with the specific requirements identified by his client group. Some of his key achievements to date include:-
The Design, Development , Delivery & Evaluation of:
- UK Oil Industries inaugural DTi Business to Business Mentoring Initiative through the Department of Trade and Industry
- unique Price Waterhouse Management Programme in Azerbaijan
- worldwide Project Management Programme for International Oil & Gas Offshore Vessel Logistics Organisation
- worldwide Quality Management Programme for Major Oil Contractor
- Level 5 Senior Management Development Programme for UK National Fire Service
- “Training & Learning Skills” Programme for Fire and Rescue Service
- North Scotland’s inaugural Head Teacher Management Development Programme
Tom was also responsible for obtaining the first Belbin Agency Licence in Scotland and achieving the first SQA in Education Business Partnership Activities. Tom has owned his own Consultancy Business for the last 9 years and has held Directorships and Non Executive Roles in a range of private and public sector organisations over the years. A trained Behavioural Analyst, his career has taken him throughout Europe, Asia, the USA, the Middle and Far East and he has appeared a number of times on TV as a guest presenter on Training and Development matters.
As well as being offered as a Public/Open Course, this course can also be delivered as an in-house programme, which can save your company both time and a significant amount of money. It can be delivered exactly as shown in the course outline, or customised to include company- or industry-specific case studies and terminology.
Alternatively, Courtney Associates can develop an entirely bespoke programme to meet your organisational needs, delivered anywhere in the UK at no additional cost. We provide a free consultation service for all of our in-house programmes.
Please contact us if you interested in this option and would like to receive a free, no obligation quote.
Funding up to 50% may be available to attend this course. If you are a senior decision maker in an organisation that employs between 2 and 249 members of staff you may be eligible for this.
Please contact us for further information.
Credit Card / Paypal / Invoice and Voucher option available.
1-2 Delegates = £750 per delegate per course + VAT
3-4 Delegates = £690 per delegate per course + VAT
5+ Delegates = Please contact us for our “in-company” rates as this is the most cost-effective option.
Included As Standard
Course fees include lunch and refreshments throughout the day and a delegate pack which will include:
- Course workbooks
- A Certificate of Achievement
- Contact phone number and email address which will enable you to receive follow-up consultation with the trainer when back in the workplace
Our courses represent true value for money and to ensure that we provide “added value”, the course trainer will work with you to create a practical and personal action plan that can be implemented back in the workplace.
The Essential Skills For Supervisors and Team Leaders course is available in Leeds, Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham and London.
If you would like more information on this course or to book this course please call
0800 158 8314 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
You can also contact us via our website, please click here