Up Coming Events
- (01) Leeds - 23 Jan 2018
- (02) Manchester - 24 Jan 2018
- (03) Liverpool - 31 Jan 2018
- (04) Manchester - 19 Feb 2018
- (05) Birmingham - 6 Mar 2018
- (06) Liverpool - 13 Mar 2018
- (07) Manchester - 27 Mar 2018
- (08) Leeds - 29 Mar 2018
- (09) Birmingham - 17 Apr 2018
- (10) Liverpool - 24 Apr 2018
Course Cost: £285.00 + VAT
Presentation Skills Course
Delivering Presentations With Confidence – 1 Day
Delivering a presentation in any environment or situation can be a nerve-racking experience, particularly if it is your first time presenting to a group. This 1 day Presentation Skills course will teach you how to deliver with confidence and give you a range of tips and techniques to help you keep your nerves under control. The course will provide you with the necessary skills to make a large and positive impact on your audience, whether you are presenting at an interview, meeting, seminar, networking event or in a social setting.
Delivering Presentations with Confidence – 1 Day Presentation Skills Course
This 1 day Presentation Skills / Public Speaking course will teach you how to create a presentation using a range of tools and techniques. You will then learn a variety of presentation skills that will enable you to deliver your presentation with confidence that will have great impact on your audience. As a visual vehicle the world of presenting and “presentations” are considered using skills that can be applied to any “group situation”. The day ends with the opportunity to put what you have learned into practice by delivering a short presentation in a relaxed and supportive environment alongside your co-learners where you will receive constructive and practical feedback.
Suitability – Who should attend?
For anyone who is involved in delivering presentations in their job role or in an non-work related capacity and also anyone who is required to speak in public to an audience . This course is applicable to newcomers and also presenters who have some experience but would like to refresh their skills and learn more.
Please note that places are restricted to a maximum of 6 delegates for this course in order to ensure all delegates receive sufficient one to one personal coaching and tuition throughout the duration of the programme. There will be an opportunity for each delegate to deliver a short presentation, putting into practice the skills acquired during the day and receiving feedback and pointers for future improvement.
– Introduction To Presenting
- The importance of presenting effectively
- Diffusing the mystique of presenting
– Planning and Preparing (Introduction)
- The fundamentals of planning and preparing presentations
- Structuring presentations
- Setting robust aims and objectives
- Addressing fears, nerves and anxieties
- Considering your audience’s needs
- Anticipating “sticky” situations
- Picking the perfect venue
- Anticipating audience behaviours
- The “image” and “etiquette” of the presenter.
– Delivering Presentations
- Creating lasting impressions
- Maximising your use of words, tone of voice and non verbal communication to create an impact
- Managing audience interaction
- Grabbing and holding your audience’s attention
- Managing difficult audiences and difficult individuals
- Getting your audience to participate
- Using visual aids to enhance your presentation
- Handling difficult questions
- Establishing and maintaining your credibility
On completion of the course, delegates will receive a delegate pack which includes:
- Course workbooks
- Contact phone number & email address where attendees can receive follow up consultation with the trainer when back in the workplace
- Certificate of Attendance
The course trainer will work with all delegates to create a practical and personal action plan that can be implemented back in the workplace.
Tom Courtney is a highly skilled and experienced Training & Development Specialist who has operated across all Industry Sectors over the last 27 years, delivering a comprehensive range of Training & Development interventions to a whole variety of Clients throughout the UK and internationally. He has extensive skills, knowledge and experience related to improving “individual”, “team” and “organisational” performance and takes pride in establishing and sustaining effective and enduring client relationships.
Tom achieves measurable results related to improved client and employee satisfaction by sharing his extensive business training acumen in line with the specific requirements identified by his client group. Some of his key achievements to date include:-
The Design, Development , Delivery & Evaluation of:
- UK Oil Industries inaugural DTi Business to Business Mentoring Initiative through the Department of Trade and Industry
- unique Price Waterhouse Management Programme in Azerbaijan
- worldwide Project Management Programme for International Oil & Gas Offshore Vessel Logistics Organisation
- worldwide Quality Management Programme for Major Oil Contractor
- Level 5 Senior Management Development Programme for UK National Fire Service
- “Training & Learning Skills” Programme for Fire and Rescue Service
- North Scotland’s inaugural Head Teacher Management Development Programme
Tom was also responsible for obtaining the first Belbin Agency Licence in Scotland and achieving the first SQA in Education Business Partnership Activities. Tom has owned his own Consultancy Business for the last 9 years and has held Directorships and Non Executive Roles in a range of private and public sector organisations over the years. A trained Behavioural Analyst, his career has taken him throughout Europe, Asia, the USA, the Middle and Far East and he has appeared a number of times on TV as a guest presenter on Training and Development matters.
Tom Courtney: ““The following statements outline some of the concerns delegates have expressed on my Presentation Skills courses over the years”:
- “As soon as I get up there my mind goes blank”
- “I’m terrified something will go wrong”
- “ I just know I’ll make a fool of myself when I stand up”
- “I’d rather have root canal treatment than stand in front of our annual conference”
“I thrive on the opportunity of working with my delegates to help them overcome their Presentation Skills concerns and anxieties. Drawing on 25+ years of personal and professional global experience of working with a range of audiences, I help delegates to practically address and overcome their fear of speaking to groups, as well as giving them a range of tools, techniques and “tricks of the trade” to make their presentations engaging, powerful and stimulating. Delegates leave the course with a new found confidence which enables them to deliver with impact and in doing so, grab and hold the attention of their audience”.
As well as being offered as a Public/Open Course, this Presentation Skills training course can also be delivered as an in-house programme, which can save your company both time and a significant amount of money. It can be delivered exactly as shown in the course outline, or customised to include company- or industry-specific case studies and terminology.
Alternatively, Courtney Associates can develop an entirely bespoke programme to meet your organisational needs in relation to presentation skills, delivered anywhere in the UK at no additional cost. We provide a free consultation service for all of our in-house programmes.
Please contact us if you interested in this option and would like to receive a free, no obligation quote.
Credit Card / Paypal / Invoice and Voucher option available.
1-2 Delegates = £285.00 per delegate + VAT
3-4 Delegates = £230.00 per delegate + VAT
5+ Delegates = Please contact us for our “in-company” rates as this is the most cost-effective option.
Included As Standard
Course fees include lunch and refreshments throughout the day and a delegate pack which will include:
- Comprehensive Course workbooks
- Copies of presentation slides
- A Certificate of Achievement
- Contact phone number and email address which will enable you to receive follow-up consultation with the trainer when back in the workplace
Our courses represent true value for money and to ensure that we provide “added value”, the course trainer will work with you to create a practical and personal action plan that can be implemented back in the workplace.
Delivering Presentations With Confidence is available in Leeds, Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham and London.
If you would like more information on this course or to book this course please call
0800 158 8314 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also contact us via our website, please click here