Up Coming Events
- (01) London - 19 Sept 2017
- (02) Leeds - 20 Sept 2017
- (03) Liverpool - 29 Sept 2017
- (04) Birmingham - 10 Oct 2017
- (05) Manchester - 31 Oct 2017
- (06) Liverpool - 9 Nov 2017
Course Cost: £285.00 + VAT
Assertiveness at Work Masterclass
We have designed this 1 day Assertiveness Training Masterclass to provide you with the necessary toolkit of skills that will allow you take charge of your work and personal life, enabling you to act with both firmness and fairness in the appropriate situations. By attending our Assertiveness Training course, you will learn how to become confident and assertive in work and will learn how to clearly communicate your views and opinions without coming across as being challenging or aggressive. This 1 day Assertiveness Training Masterclass will give you the perfect balance, allowing your true potential to shine through.
Assertiveness at Work Masterclass
- Do you sometimes wish that you could come over as being cool, calm, confident and in control in a variety of work and non-workplace situations?
- Do you sometimes feel that life takes control of you rather than the other way around?
- Do you find it hard to say “No”?
- Do you always give in to what others want, regardless of your own feelings?
- Do you find yourself bullied or pressured by aggressive or overbearing people?
- Do you bottle up anger and bite your tongue when you know you should speak up?
Assertiveness is one of the key skills a successful person possesses. It is a tremendously powerful skill that will not only serve you in your work life but also in your personal life too. Assertiveness is about being responsible for yourself and making your life work for you, instead of being a victim of circumstance. This programme has been specifically designed to give you the confidence and ability to say “no” as well as feeling comfortable when putting your views and opinions across in a range of formal and informal situations.
Suitability – Who should attend?
This practical 1 day Assertiveness training workshop is for anyone who is looking to improve the way they are perceived by others in terms of how they assert themselves both in the workplace and at home. Whether you have difficulty saying “no” to others which results in you taking on too much work, or whether you come across as being rude or aggressive, this course will give you the necessary tools to assert yourself in a positive and confident way.
Assertiveness at Work Masterclass is designed to cover the following areas:
- Defining what is meant by assertiveness and assertive behaviour
- The differences between assertive and aggressive behaviour
- Demonstrating an assertive image in the hearts and minds of others
- Understanding and asserting your rights in the workplace
- Understanding why some people are assertive and some are not
- Understanding and overcoming the fears and barriers to becoming assertive
- Learning how to say ‘No!’
- Learning practical tips on how to become more assertive
- Understanding Communication styles
- The verbal & non verbal skills of assertiveness
- How listening, questioning and feedback skills can improve the impact of assertiveness
- Adapting assertiveness skills to different people and different situations
On completion of the course, delegates will receive a delegate pack which includes:
- Course workbooks,
- Contact phone number & email address where attendees can receive follow up consultation with the trainer when back in the workplace
- Certificate of Attendance
The course trainer will work with all delegates to create a practical and personal action plan that can be implemented back in the workplace.
Tom Courtney is a highly skilled and experienced Training & Development Specialist who has operated across all Industry Sectors over the last 27 years, delivering a comprehensive range of Training & Development interventions to a whole variety of Clients throughout the UK and internationally. He has extensive skills, knowledge and experience related to improving “individual”, “team” and “organisational” performance and takes pride in establishing and sustaining effective and enduring client relationships.
Tom achieves measurable results related to improved client and employee satisfaction by sharing his extensive business training acumen in line with the specific requirements identified by his client group. Some of his key achievements to date include:-
The Design, Development , Delivery & Evaluation of:
- UK Oil Industries inaugural DTi Business to Business Mentoring Initiative through the Department of Trade and Industry
- unique Price Waterhouse Management Programme in Azerbaijan
- worldwide Project Management Programme for International Oil & Gas Offshore Vessel Logistics Organisation
- worldwide Quality Management Programme for Major Oil Contractor
- Level 5 Senior Management Development Programme for UK National Fire Service
- “Training & Learning Skills” Programme for Fire and Rescue Service
- North Scotland’s inaugural Head Teacher Management Development Programme
Tom was also responsible for obtaining the first Belbin Agency Licence in Scotland and achieving the first SQA in Education Business Partnership Activities. Tom has owned his own Consultancy Business for the last 9 years and has held Directorships and Non Executive Roles in a range of private and public sector organisations over the years. A trained Behavioural Analyst, his career has taken him throughout Europe, Asia, the USA, the Middle and Far East and he has appeared a number of times on TV as a guest presenter on Training and Development matters.
As well as being offered as a Public/Open Course, this course can also be delivered as an in-house programme, which can save your company both time and a significant amount of money. It can be delivered exactly as shown in the course outline, or customised to include company- or industry-specific case studies and terminology.
Alternatively, Courtney Associates can develop an entirely bespoke programme to meet your organisational needs, delivered anywhere in the UK at no additional cost. We provide a free consultation service for all of our in-house programmes.
Please contact us if you interested in this option and would like to receive a free, no obligation quote.
Credit Card / Paypal / Invoice and Voucher option available.
1-2 Delegates = £285.00 per delegate + VAT
3-4 Delegates = £230.00 per delegate + VAT
5+ Delegates = Please contact us for our “in-company” rates as this is the most cost-effective option.
Included As Standard
Course fees include lunch and refreshments throughout the day and a delegate pack which will include:
- Course workbooks
- Copies of presentation slides
- A Certificate of Attendance
- Contact phone number and email address which will enable you to receive follow-up consultation with the trainer when back in the workplace
Our courses represent true value for money and to ensure that we provide “added value”, the course trainer will work with you to create a practical and personal action plan that can be implemented back in the workplace.
Our Assertiveness Masterclass course is available in Leeds, Manchester, Liverpool, Birmingham and London.
If you would like more information on this course or to book this course please call
0800 158 8314 or email email@example.com. You can also contact us via our website, please click here